June 23, 2007
Zenfolio Downloader, EXIF in generated images, and miscellaneous updates
Small update was released today. The main additions are:
- Zenfolio Downloader is a free tool based on the Zenfolio Public API making it easy to download back original full size files previously uploaded to your Zenfolio account.
It is very easy to use and it makes your Zenfolio account a true backup solution.
Download it here.
- EXIF information in generated images. Some of you have been waiting for this for a while, and it is finally here. The resized display images generated for your uploaded photos now include the same basic EXIF metadata as
the original files, including shooting information, camera make and model, copyright field, and even the IPTC Copyright, if present. It will take
a couple of weeks for the system to index all previously uploaded photos, but all newly uploaded photos will have this available right away.
- An e-mail notification is now sent to you when you earn referral credit
- It is now possible to add or move photos from one collection to another collection as a batch operation
Additional bug fixes and small improvements are also part of this update. Here is the complete list:
- 'Clear formatting' option was added to HTML-editing fields
- An option for links to be opened in the same window was added to HTML-editing fields
- More robust handling of files with color spaces other than sRGB
- Fixed a problem with using double-quotes in IPTC keywords
- Introduced support for non-Roman UTF-8 keywords in IPTC
- Fixed a problem with left and right quotation marks not being recognized as IPTC keywords
- API: included a way to sort photosets and change the position of a photo in a photoset
- API: included support for searching of the most popular and recently added items
- Updated Help section with custom domain name configuration instructions
« Previous Entry
Next Entry »