February 6, 2009
Introducing Digital Products, say hello to friendly links, updated reports
We know many of our Premium users are looking forward to selling digital downloads on Zenfolio, and they are finally here!
With the introduction of Digital Products, photographers
have the ability to define almost any downloadable product
with custom licensing terms, at any price. Here is what is included:
- Four standard licenses, provided by Zenfolio
- The ability to create your own custom licenses by modifying the sample licenses or pasting in your own licenses
- Many image size options to choose from including your own custom dimensions
- Create a digital product with fixed image dimensions. A cropping tool will become available in
the Shopping Cart so users can crop based on defined dimensions. A good example of this would
be creating iPhone wallpaper which has to be specific dimensions.
- Create almost any product available for download, including original full size files,
desktop backgrounds, Web avatars, iPhone wallpapers, etc.
- Zenfolio charges a 8% service fee, which is one of the lowest fees in the industry
- Order e-mails are sent to photographer and clients when the order is placed, with links to the download page
- Photographer can still review and approve orders, including uploading new files and making cropping adjustments, if needed
- Zenfolio stores downloads for 30 days
- Customers can download individual photos, or a complete order as a ZIP file
To learn more about how to create and offer digital products, refer to the Guide to Digital Products on Zenfolio.
Redesigned price list editing
The new price list editing pages are many times faster than before and allow
you to manage many products easily. As part of this redesign we have introduced
separate formulas for each product category including a dedicated formula
for framing and mounting. Look for more more related features coming soon
including export to Excel and printing.
You can now use plain words to create easy links to group, gallery, or collection pages
You can use letters, numbers, and some punctuation including dash '-' and a slash '/'.
This works with custom domain names as well.
We have overhauled the Reports to make them more consistent and easier to
understand. We've added a Summary report and a Coupons report under
SELLING > Reports. The Summary report makes it easy to view high level
financials for any time period. Coupons are now accounted for everywhere in
Additional Visitor View page customizations
New setting in Customize Visitor View > Options provides the ability to hide the
path to the Gallery/Collection/Group (also known as breadcrumbs) displayed at
the top of a Visitor page.
Private paths no longer display in breadcrumbs on Visitor pages
allowing you to create "branches" in your organizational hierarchy. This really helps
keep visitors focused on specific galleries or groups. For example, if
you have a private group in the middle of a path to a gallery, the path
leading to that group and the group itself will be hidden from your
"Publish to Zenfolio" plug-in for Windows Live Photo Gallery
Released a plug-in to export to Zenfolio directly out of Windows Live Photo Gallery. If you are
not familiar with this product from Microsoft, it is a free application used
for managing and previewing photos on your Windows XP or Vista system.
Other feature enhancements
In addition, the following enhancements were released:
- Streamlined Account Statement with mini summary reports for each order sold
- Added easier access to links from the Edit View
- In the Add to Cart window we have renamed 'Back to Categories' to 'Back to
All Products' to help navigation
- By popular demand from our forum members, added a new subcategory: Artistic > Picture a Day (PAD)
New Mpix products and services
More canvas gallery wrap sizes available from Mpix:
- 8"x10" $55.00
- 10"x10" $55.00
- 10"x20" $75.00
- 10"x30" $90.00
- 16"x16" $80.00
- 16"x24" $100.00
- 20"x20" $105.00
« Previous Entry
Next Entry »