Program Manager (Full-Time)
Menlo Park, CA
Zenfolio is a market leading all-in-one business platform that helps more than 100,000 pro and enthusiast photographers present and sell photography online and turn their passion into a profitable business. It’s an exciting time to join Zenfolio - we have new leadership and are strategically focused to help our customers take their business to new heights online and transform the industry. For more information, visit www.zenfolio.com.
We are looking for a hands-on, disciplined, analytical and innovative program manager with a passion to help cross-functional teams achieve goals that exceed customer expectations and achieve market leadership. You will be responsible for owning and running 1-2 large initiatives within the company to develop and launch industry leading products using best-in class techniques and processes. You will also be responsible for laying the foundation for program management within the company and educating the company on “best-in-class” execution techniques.
Your performance will be measured by in three ways. Firstly, your ability to track, manage and align 1-2 key large initiatives to launch and beyond. Secondly, raising the bar in our planning and documentation to help us achieve better reliability and consensus in execution. Thirdly, the quality and velocity of cross-functional communication, including regular executive updates that help us achieve greater confidence in the execution.
This is a high impact role with a significant amount of responsibility and autonomy. This role reports to the Vice President of Product and Design.
- Create, deliver and communicate detailed project plan artifacts and foster alignment cross-functionally of goals, objectives and timelines
- Ability to be able to not only analyze and communicate risks, but also work with cross-functional stakeholders to mitigate them
- Deliver effective and impactful presentations on plans and progress at various levels of the organization
- Manage a team indirectly with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities and ensure that goals are met in areas including product management, product development, quality assurance, marketing, customer satisfaction, etc
- Implement and manage dependencies, changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Facilitate the process of evaluating vendors for various tools and competencies from concept to sandbox. Ensure requirements, alignment and timeliness of selection
- Meet with stakeholders to simplify communication and be transparent regarding project issues and decisions
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle at various levels of the organization as needed
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Set program/project management best practices and mentor team members indirectly
- May be required to participate in budgeting, operating plan, release plan and other strategic conversations
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager and/or program manager in a technology company. This is an experienced hire role and not suited for career changers, explorers, new grads or less than 2 years of relevant experience
- PMPI, Six Sigma or other such related project management certification from a reputed institute
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with remote development teams
- Experience with vendor evaluation and selection methodologies
- Fluency in some project management software, Google cloud apps, Office
- Effective communication at all levels and a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Thinks positively. Good sense of humor!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Any of the following qualifications - Scrum master, consultant
- Knowledge of the photography industry and/or photographers
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401K
- Subsidized lunches, free snacks and drinks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Flexible work environment and hours
To submit your application, send to email@example.com, your resume and a cover letter on why you think you would be a good fit at Zenfolio.