Zenfolio is my image bible.
JP’s favorite Zenfolio features:
- We’re big on the Favorites feature. We use this to have clients submit their wedding album choices.
- I love being able to run specials and use coupon codes for profitable print sales.
JP’s path to photography began at home at a very young age. He learned photography while still in his trainers from his father, an established wedding and portrait photographer. JP has dedicated his life to creating beautiful images. This comes as no surprise to his many happy clients and is reflected in his eye for spectacular light and unique composition.
1. Where is your home base?
Albany, New York
2. What is your photography genre/specialty?
Weddings / lifestyle
3. What is your most memorable image and why?
I’d have to choose this one. It’s just one of those timeless images that I feel I could show for years.
4. Why did you become a photographer? What drives you to capture images and has this changed over time?
father started the business when I was 3 years old. By age 11 I had a
camera in my hands and began going to weddings. What drives me is the
goal to constantly outdo myself. I love making people happy with the photos I take.
5. Do you have any personal rituals to help you get ready for a shoot?
Bump the music and head to a shoot/wedding with an open mind, ready to rock.
6. What are the top 5 things you can’t live without while on a shoot?
Coffee, my 50mm 1.2L (Canon), good light, the Sunrise Sunset app, an open mind
7. How do you regain your inspiration if you hit a creative rut?
Often I turn to Instagram and look at some photographers who I admire, I also look to 500px for inspiration.
8. Who or what has been the biggest influence on your journey as a photographer?
I’d have to say my father. The business he built is amazing. Continuing to be successful and make him proud drives me.
9. If you could share just one tip with aspiring photographers, what would it be?
Shoot with confidence, and continue to push yourself shoot after shoot.
10. What are the top three Zenfolio features essential to helping you run your business.
big on the Favorites folder. We use it to have clients submit their
wedding album choices. Also Zenfolio is my cloud backup. Aside from that
I love being able to run specials and use coupon codes for profitable print
11. If you could second shoot with any photographer (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
I would love to see an Annie Leibovitz shoot.
12. How has the photography world changed since you turned pro?
Information is a lot more available. Learning is way easier now.
13. What one piece of software besides Zenfolio do you consider to be vital in your workflow?