November 6, 2008
Support for Google Analytics, new Eco Theme, larger thumbnails, more Mpix products and frames, and many more improvements
As promised, we are working hard on having more frequent feature releases. This release was supposed to be a small update but we kept getting more features
completed and tested so now we have a pretty big update rolled out.
Support for Google Analytics for visitor tracking
We have added support for Google Analytics to collect detailed visitor statistics. You can find the new Visitor Tracking page under the PREFERENCES menu.
This is available for all Zenfolio plan levels.
Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to collect aggregate information about visitors to your Zenfolio pages, such as the number of unique visitors
over time, their location, length of visits, and much more. For more information about Google Analytics visit the main
Google Analytics home page.
Introduced a new Theme: Eco
We have a new Theme designed called Eco. This design was inspired by clean air and green leaves. We hope nature lovers will find it particularly suitable for nature photography.
Sorting of photos is now "sticky"
We have been wanting to change how photos and galleries are sorted for a while, and this is finally here. Now the sorting criteria you select for a gallery or group
is going to apply all the time, no longer do you need to resort after uploading new photos. In the process we have also fixed a bug where sorting of sequentially numbered
files was not consistent with desktop sorting.
New Mpix products and services
We continue adding support for more Mpix products:
- Three new print sizes: 8.5"x11", 9"x12", 12"x24"
- Wall Clings products, all sizes
- Three new square Standout sizes: 8"x8", 10"x10", 20"x20"
- New foam core backboard mounting
Brand new Frame Editor with support for new frames and options:
- Sixteen (16) different frames available for all print sizes
- Frames can be ordered with an actual overlaid mat in two colors: white or black
- Frames can be ordered with no glass, standard glass, or non-glare glass
Also note that we had to rename matboards to backboards to eliminate the confusion with the framing mats introduced as an available option.
Larger 200px thumbnails
By popular demand, we are introducing a large 200px thumbnail size. Photos uploaded after September 12th, 2008 have this new thumbnail size available immediately. Photos uploaded prior
to September 12th, 2008, will have this thumbnail size generated the first time it is accessed, which may take a few minutes.
Current users need to explicitly select this new thumbnail size under Customize Visitor View > Options when looking at the Home page or Group and Gallery pages. There are three Auto settings there now:
- Auto 1 (Small and Medium) – this is what we had in the past, and this continues to be the default for your pages
- Auto 2 (Medium and Large)
- Auto 3 (Small, Medium, Large)
New features and improvements:
- It is now possible to include a Password Hint for password protected items. You will find it in the newly redesigned Access Control window.
- New coupon type "Discount to base prices". Using such coupon during Checkout will change product prices to base cost. This has been requested by many users
and is particularly handy when you have friends or family wanting to buy prints that are otherwise marked up. Can also work as a promotion for clients (Premium feature)
- Focal length is added to short EXIF whenever available
- By popular request the Login link in the Visitor View is moved to the footer when Zenfolio brand is replaced with your name under Global Preferences (Premium feature)
- Increased the number of characters allowed in the gallery and photo captions (up to 10,000 characters) and in the About Me field (up to 10,000 characters).
Titles can now be up to 200 characters long.
- A notice is posted to your Home page in the Edit View if there are pending orders that need your attention (Premium feature)
- Access Control window was redesigned to better separate items and make room for new items
- It is now possible to view the actual password assigned to photos. This applies to all new passwords assigned after this update.
Passwords assigned prior to the date of this update cannot be viewed, but they can be typed over.
- If disabled by owner in the price list, the Cropping link will not be displayed in the Cart. Same for Color Enhancement and Color Conversion options. This eliminates
any client confusion during Checkout (Premium feature).
- New page under PREFERENCES called Upload Settings includes the option to copy file names to photo Titles for all future uploaded photos as a new default.
This option is disabled by default, can be enabled.
- There is a new page under MORE RESOURCES called Spread the Word, it includes information about using Zenfolio referral buttons with
a referral code embedded in a URL. Several button designs are provided in two sizes each.
- Better grouping of transactions in the Account Statement makes it easier to read them
Our next release will include user Comments functionality which we have been working on concurrently.
« Previous Entry
Next Entry »